Spain is a great choice for a tailor made trip with your best girlfriends! As we are finishing up International Women’s Month, we are sharing some trip ideas for women. We know too well how hard the past few years have been. As women, we focus so much time on taking care of others. Our roles have multiplied under unending strings of lockdowns and sheltering in place. It’s been a stressful period and its time to recharge.
Travel is essential for the mind and the soul. What better way to explore a new destination than with your best girlfriends? Bella Vita Travels knows the best way to do it, and we will work closely with you and your friends to put together your dream vacation.
This week, we share some ideas for a 12 night girlfriends trip to Spain. As always, all of our vacations are tailor made. Anything you see here that piques your interest can be added or modified to your needs. Special requests and interests? We’ll work with you to craft the perfect holiday – you deserve it.
Madrid with your girlfriends – 3 nights
Welcome to Spain! The first stop on your Spanish itinerary will be the elegant capital of Madrid. After you arrive at Madrid Airport, we will arrange for a private transfer to your accommodations of choice in the city center. Bella Vita Travels has a wonderful selection of 4 and 5-star hotels for you to choose from. We will work with you and your girlfriends to find the best solution for your group. These are all based on location, comfort, and travel style. From the hotel, you’re a short walk from many of the amazing sights and landmarks the city is so famous for.
During your stay in Madrid, we will arrange the following special experiences:
- Our favorite way to start our Highlights of Spain is with our Insider’s Evening of Tapas & Spanish Wine. During this exclusive tour, you and your girlfriends will taste wines “off the beaten path” in authentic gourmet bars and taverns where the locals appreciate the quality served. You learn about the variety of Spanish wines and styles, whilst enjoying some fantastic tapas. It is very much an insider tour. A different world to the increasingly touristy tapas bars in some parts of the center. For those who enjoy getting under the skin of the local foodie culture, as well as good company and conversation, this is a fabulous evening and highly recommended.
- A private “Madrid Essentials” Half-day tour with our private guide. Our expert guide will meet you at your hotel. Then, together you and your girlfriends will enjoy the architecture, history, and anecdotes of Spain’s capital. Enjoy a walking tour that includes some of the capital’s most impressive sights. The tour will also include an in-depth visit to your choice of the Royal Palace or the Prado Museum.
- A wonderful excursion just a short distance from Madrid is our Private Half-day Excursion to Toledo, via highspeed train. On arrival at the Toledo train station, meet your local guide. Some of the sites you will visit on your tour include the imposing Alcazar, its two Spanish synagogues, then, the soaring Gothic Cathedral, Santo Tomé, and marvel at El Greco’s famed Burial of the Count of Orgaz. Ultimately, say farewell to your guide and head to one of the many local restaurants for lunch. After lunch, you might opt for some strolling or shopping this afternoon before returning to Madrid.
Seville – 3 nights
Next on your itinerary is beautiful Seville. Your private driver will escort you ladies to the train station. Here, you will take the high-speed train in first class. Once you have arrived in Seville, you will have a private transfer to your hotel. You will have several lovely 5-star options to choose from based on your travel style and taste. All of our lodging choices are located within walking distance of Seville’s incredible landmarks and fabulous restaurants. Your girlfriends will be thrilled with the accommodation you choose!
During your stay in Seville, you and your girlfriends will enjoy the following special experiences:
- No visit to Seville would be complete without a Half-day Private Tour of arguably Spain’s most enchanting city. Visit the enormous cathedral, the largest Gothic building in the world, featuring the tomb of Christopher Columbus and its 12th-century bell-tower, La Giralda, originally built by the Moors as a minaret. Afterward, explore the ornately decorated Alcazar Palace and its Andalusian gardens.
- A Culinary Pilgrimage to the home of Jamón Iberico. Iberian ham has become much better known over the last few years. On this excursion, you ladies will visit the Sierra of Aracena, north-west of Seville, and the most important area for the production of Iberian ham in Spain. Afterward, you will be able to taste the wonderful ham along with a glass of the best fino or manzanilla sherry, a perfect pairing of food and wine! Then, head to the town of Aracena and enjoy a gourmet lunch at the finest restaurant in the area. After all the food, your guide will recommend a walk up to the local castle before heading back to Seville.
- Enjoy an evening of Flamenco and Tapas. Your guide will transform into a translator as you ́re joined by a local of the Sevillano flamenco community, the most famous in the world. Learn about the true world of flamenco from the performers themselves. Enjoy an excellent performance before combining the evening with another of Sevilla’s defining art forms, tapas! Sevilla is the home of the tapas and has the largest number of bars per inhabitant anywhere! Introducing you and your girlfriends to the intricacies and delightful simplicity of Spanish cuisine amidst an informal, authentic setting is a special experience. ¡Buen provecho!
Mallorca: beach time with your girlfriends – 3 nights
A private transfer will take you to the Seville airport for a short flight to the beautiful island of Mallorca. This is one of our favorite stops on any Spanish tour. What better way to reconnect with your friends than relaxing on one of the most gorgeous islands in Europe?
The largest and best known of the Balearic Islands, Mallorca offers beautiful coves, mountains, tiny villages where ancient customs are still preserved, a cosmopolitan capital city, sumptuous seafood, great local wines, and many more treasures. You also do not want to miss the rugged coastline with uninhabited coves and crystal clear sea. There is just about everything on the island!
On Mallorca, you will have several wonderful choices in luxurious 5-star accommodations, in fact, a few of our favorites! During your stay on the island, you and your girlfriends will enjoy the following special activities:
- A Private Walking Tour of Palma de Mallorca.
- Enjoy a Full-day Sailing Excursion along the north-west coastline of Mallorca, the most scenic that the island offers. You will sail down the cragged coastline, cruising into sheltered bays with crystal clear waters. It’s the ideal opportunity to view the island from the sea and even better, plunge into its turquoise waters. For lunch, we recommend that your girlfriends and you stop at a traditional and authentic restaurant on the coastline, but if you prefer to stay out on the water, lunch on board is possible. We strongly recommend a sailing experience whilst in Mallorca to enjoy the essence of the island and to plunge into the beautiful turquoise waters of some of the best coves and inlets that Mallorca has to offer.
On your departure day, we will have a private transfer for you ladies to the airport.
Barcelona- 3 nights
Your last, but certainly not least, destination on your tour, will be Barcelona. There is a mix of everything on this lovely stretch of the Mediterranean. In recent years, Barcelona has become the most talked-about city in Europe for its ever-evolving restaurant scene.
Upon arrival at Barcelona Airport, your private driver will be waiting to take you to your lovely accommodations. Our preferred accommodation choices are plentiful and range from boutique to elegant luxury. During your 3 days in Barcelona, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- A Private Half-day Highlights Tour of Barcelona including La Sagrada Familia. Barcelona, with typical Catalan pride and creativity, remains determined to project itself as Spain’s most innovative city. A highlight will be the Sagrada Familia, Gaudí’s most famous work and a worldwide symbol for Barcelona. Then, your tour will take in the Passeig de Gracia, the most stylish street of Barcelona, lined with boutique shops and art galleries. You will also see La Rambla, with its outdoor cafes, flower stands, exotic birds, and equally colorful street performers. Subsequently, you will head to Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter rests on the ancient Roman city of Barcino.
- A Private Half-day Gaudi and Modernist Tour. Firstly, you and your girlfriends will focus on the period that was Barcelona’s most vibrant and exciting. Then, visit the iconic Casa Milà, a fantasy in stone that appears to have been carved out of the living rock, hence its nickname: La Pedrera, which means “the quarry.” The building is an apartment house on one of Barcelona’s main avenues. Next, you will also visit Parc Güell which Gaudí designed for his greatest patron. Lastly, visit the spectacular Casa Batlló, a home built for a wealthy businessman and an outstanding example of Gaudi’s private work.
On your last day, we will arrange for a private transfer to the Barcelona Airport for your flight home or your next destination.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can arrange several options for you and your girlfriends! Perhaps a trip through the wine country? Or adding a few days in Portugal? Or exploring Granada and Cordoba? The trip is for you ladies to decide.
Traveling with your best friends is unforgettable. You’re never too young – or too old – for a girls trip! Let our local, female experts design your tailor made women’s vacation for you. Contact us to start planning – it’s women’s month, you deserve it!