A quick Mediterranean getaway is a great way to travel when you are short on time. Brief escapes are wonderful ways to experience one or two main sites. You’ll be able to get a taste of the country and have a great idea of what you might want to see on a return trip! Quick getaways are trips where a travel planner and a tailor made vacation can make your dreams come true.
Though it seems that a shorter trip might be easier to plan, it can be just the opposite. You want to see as much as you can but also have time to relax. You don’t want to spend too much time in transport or your short vacation in a hotel that isn’t up to your standards. When you use a local expert, it means you will maximize your time. We know exactly where to go, what to see and where to stay. You’ll see the most important sites, taste local foods and experiences without wasting a precious second of your short trip.
This week we share with you some short trips in three of the destinations we visit. As always, all of our trips are tailored to your preferences and travel style. At Bella Vita Travels, our mission is to design tailor made vacations to the Mediterranean based around your travel wishes and our local expertise. We do the hard work so you can make the unforgettable memories. A quick getaway is the perfect way to see where a travel planner can truly make your vacation extraordinary!
Paris and Castles, 7 days
In our “Paris and Castles” itinerary, you will experience a 7-day French quick getaway that combines the chic and cosmopolitan lifestyle of Paris with the spectacular castles and wines of the Loire Valley.
Paris, 3 nights
Upon arrival in Paris, we will arrange for a private transfer to your accommodations of choice in the city center. Bella Vita’s has a wonderful selection of 4 and 5-star hotels for you to choose from. These are all based on location, comfort, and travel style. We will customize your days there based on your travel wishes and tastes. Here are just a few examples of what we could arrange:
- A private “Paris Essentials” tour with our professional English speaking driver-guide will show you all the main highlights of Paris in just a few hours.
- In our Louvre evening “Crash Course” tour, discover one of the largest museums in the world in the best-possible visiting conditions. With your private guide, you can choose your route based on interest, and he/she will make these works of art come alive!
- Our delectable Paris food tour, led by a local chef or food writer. You will stroll the charming streets of St.-Germain-des-Pres and the Left Bank, explore the culinary culture of Paris.
- A half-day private Versailles Palace Tour excursion from Paris.
Loire Valley, 3 nights
After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will deliver you to the train station where you will have 1st class tickets on the high-speed train to Tours. From a restored hunting lodge to a true castle, you will be in the lap of luxury and charm for your quick getaway to the Loire.
During your stay in the Loire Valley, you will enjoy the following:
- A Private 3-hour hot-air balloon experience is the ideal way to enjoy an aerial view of this beautiful area.
- A Full-day Castles and Wine Experience: We’ll start your day with a visit to Chambord Castle. Afterward, there will be time to stop for a nice lunch at one of our recommended restaurants. Then, spend the afternoon you will visit the famous Chenonceau Castle. . Later in the afternoon, continue with a wine experience. You will enjoy a visit to an authentic family-run wine estate in Vouvray’s famous wine region. After, you will make your way back to the hotel in the early evening.
Your quick getaway ends back in Paris, 1 night
For your last evening in Paris, we will arrange for a Luxurious Boat for a Dinner Cruise with the incredible cuisine of by a renowned chef.
On your departure day you will have a private transfer to the Paris airport or train station.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your itinerary. A trip south to the sun-drenched beaches of the Cote d’Azur? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish.
To read the full itinerary for a quick getaway to Paris and the Loire Valley, click here: Paris and Castles, a taste of France in 7 days
Lisbon and beyond, 8 days
In our “Lisbon & Beyond” itinerary, you will experience an 8-day adventure of some of Portugal’s most alluring and romantic destinations. This “quick” itinerary allows you to enjoy three different “tastes” of this amazing country in a limited amount of time without feeling rushed.
Lisbon, 3 nights
Bem-Vindo a Portugal! The first stop on your Lisbon & Beyond adventure will be magnificent Lisbon.
Your private driver will pick you up from the Lisbon airport and accompany you to your centrally located 4 or 5-star hotel. While in Portugal’s most vibrant city, we can arrange:
- A Private Tour of the Highlights of Lisbon including stops at historic and traditional food shops and markets.
- A Private Day Trip and Tour to Cascais and Sintra with Cooking Lesson and Lunch. This morning you’ll start your day by meeting your private chauffeur. The first stop is Cascais. Upon arrival, you’ll enjoy a private guided tour to the local market accompanied by your chef. Following your market tour, you’ll enjoy a private cooking lesson facing the sea. Then, you’ll enjoy the fruits of your labors with a delicious lunch. Finally, continue to beautiful Sintra. Afterward, you will return to your hotel in Lisbon in the early evening.
Algarve, 2 nights
Your next destination on your Lisbon & Beyond quick getaway is the spectacular Algarve region.
Your private driver will take you directly from Lisbon to the Algarve. Here, we have several choices of fabulous 4 and 5-star hotels for you to choose from.
During your stay, your private driver/guide will take you on a wonderful day of Private Touring along the Algarve. The day will be tailored to your travel wishes.
Evorà, 2 nights
Last but not least, we bring you the rural countryside of Portugal and your lovely 5* spa hotel. Evorà is a World Heritage Site that embodies the charm of authentic Portugal.
- Before you reach your hotel, your private driver will help you choose a restaurant inside the village for lunch. Afterward, you will meet your local guide for a Private Tour of the City and its Surroundings.
- The next day you will enjoy a Discovery of the Alentejo wine region. Your private driver will accompany you to one of the region’s most respected wineries. Afterward, enjoy a delicious lunch of specialties of Alentejo cuisine. In the afternoon you will visit another family-owned winery where you will discover more about the local wines and traditions. During the day, you’ll also visit one of the Alentejo’s famed olive producers for a tour and tasting.
On the day of your departure, your private driver will take you to the Lisbon Airport for your flight home or elsewhere.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your quick Portuguese getaway. Why not add this itinerary to a tour of Spain or Morocco? We are happy to design the rest of your trip to your wishes!
Check out the full detailed itinerary for our short trip to Portugal here: Lisbon & Beyond, 8 days in Portugal
Quick getaway to Dalmatia, 8 days
In our “Highlights of Dalmatia” tour, you will experience a 8-day adventure of some of Croatia‘s most alluring destinations.
Split, 3 nights
Begin your journey in the ancient city of Split. Upon arrival here, you will have a private transfer take you to your unique accommodations within the walls of Diocletian’s Palace or a seafront hotel. During your stay in Split, you will enjoy the following special experiences:
- No visit to Split would be complete without an Essential Walk through the Place and Beyond. The tour starts at the south wall of Diocletian’s Palace. Afterward, visit what was originally Diocletian’s mausoleum. The tour finishes on the seaside promenade known as the Riva.
- A Private Excursion of Krka Park and a Croatian Food Experience. Meet with your driver at the hotel lobby to start your tour of this beautiful National Park.
Braç, 2 nights
The next stop on your quick Croatian getawaywill be Braç. A private boat take you to the lovely island of Braç with a fun excursion along the way. On the island, you will stay in one of our very favorite hotels in Croatia full of comfort and charm.
- Take the long way to Braç with a Private Boating Excursion. En-route cruise around Pakleni Islands, a breath-taking archipelago with lush vegetation, beautiful bays, and intact nature. Later today you will continue the cruise to Braç.
- An Amazing Day of Biking Braç! This route leads through old villages and some of the most beautiful areas of the island.
Dubrovnik, 2 nights
Your last, but certainly not least, destination will be the beautiful historic city overlooking the Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik.
You will several fantastic options to choose from in terms of accommodations. Our preferred list is quite extensive in Dubrovnik and we will match you with what best fits your travel style and taste. During your 2 days in Dubrovnik, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- On your way from Split to Dubrovnik, there will be a wonderful stop on the Peljesac Peninsula for Oysters, Wine, and More. Discover Mali Ston Bay, famous for the original European delicacy of succulent oysters!
- A Private Half-day Walking tour of Dubrovnik. The UNESCO-protected Old Town features medieval stone buildings, red-tiled roofs, and narrow passageways. If you are a “Game of Thrones” fan, just let us know so we can add in some great tidbits about its filming of King’s Landing! No visit to Dubrovnik would be complete without a walk around the city walls, one of the best-preserved ramparts in the Mediterranean. Get a glance of the old town of Dubrovnik from a completely different angle and enjoy spectacular views of the shimmering Adriatic.
When it is time to say goodbye to Dubrovnik, we will arrange a private transfer to the airport.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Highlights of Dalmatia tour. A few days on the up and coming and very beautiful Montenegro coast?
Or even start up north in Istria and work your way south via Zadar and Plitvice Park? This dream vacation is yours to decide and we are happy to arrange it for you!
Our full quick Croatian getaway itinerary can be found here on our website: Highlights of Dalmatia, 8 nights
Your vacations starts with you
If any of these holidays are what would make your travel dreams come true, contact us for more information on how to start planning your future Mediterranean holiday!