Bella Vita Travels offers a wide range of bespoke luxury travel experiences across the Mediterranean. Since we are locals ourselves, we know the absolute best along with insider tips and advice in each of our destinations. We are proud to work with the top hotels, drivers, guides, and local experts in all of our our destinations. This week, we share with you some of our luxury itinerary ideas for trips in a few of the destinations we visit.
For our clients with the most discerning tastes, there is no request that is too much. We specialize in making your travel dreams, no matter how big, come true. A tailor made luxury vacation is exactly the way high-end travel should be. Besides all of highest quality accommodations and tours, you will also have 24/7 communication and support from us during your trip.
As always, we customize all of our trips to your wishes and travel style. One of the benefits of working with us is that your trip starts where it should – with you. We work closely and individually with you to craft your perfect, unforgettable luxury holiday. For our clients searching for the perfect luxury vacation, the Mediterranean holds almost endless possibilities.
Experience the top highlights of Italy in elegance and comfort on our Luxurious Italy tour. This 21-day journey takes you from the North to South of the boot in style!
Italy is a destination that has something for everyone from history buffs to beach lovers. Visitors who find themselves hard-pressed not to come back and continue exploring its magical regions. On your Luxury Italy vacation, you will get a “taste” of what this beautiful country has to offer, leaving you wanting more for the next trip!
Venice, 3 nights
Your first stop on your “Luxurious Italy” tour, will be the island city of Venice. There is truly no place like it on earth. Done right, Venice is probably the most unique and romantic destination on earth.
During your stay in Venice, we will arrange the following special experiences:
- First, a Welcome Orientation & Cicheti Aperitivo with a member of the Bella Vita team. This meeting will help you navigate your days in this unique city. This will give you a chance to ask any questions you may have about your tour. It also lets us say “Grazie Mille”!
- A wonderful half-day Private Venice by Land and Water tour which will allow you to discover the highlights of the city.
- An extraordinary evening of spectacular food at a Michelin starred restaurant that takes up an entire island on the lagoon!
- A private tour to the outer islands of Murano and Burano. Enjoy a half-day on the lagoon away from the bustle of the main island.
Luxury in Lake Como, 3 nights
The next stop on your Luxurious Italy itinerary will be beautiful Lake Como. After transferring by private boat back to the mainland, your driver will begin the journey west.
Along the way, you will have a wonderful day in Verona and the Valpolicella Wine Region. After an hour’s drive, you will arrive in Verona where you will meet your local guide.
Finally, you will head to the Valpolicella wine region and a fantastic winery. Here you will taste the famous Amarone wine, a personal favorite and a true luxury!
During your stay on Lake Como, we will arrange a special Private Walking and Boating Tour of Lake Como for you. Your local expert guide will meet you at your hotel with a private boat and captain. You will cruise up the lake viewing charming villages and spectacular villas!
Portofino/Santa Margherita Ligure, 3 nights
Your Luxurious Italy tour continues on the Italian Riviera! Before heading to the coast by private transfer, you will enjoy a Half-day tour of glamorous Milan. Above all, we will also make reservations for you to view da Vinci’s masterpiece, The Last Supper!
Your private driver will have you delivered to your spectacular accommodations by early evening.
You can choose between one of Italy’s top luxury resorts in Portofino or elegant hotels in Santa Margherita Ligure. During your stay on the Italian Riviera, you will enjoy the following activities:
- A Private Cruise on the Riviera. Your private boat and captain will meet you one morning for a gorgeous private cruise up the coastline of the Italian Riviera.
- You’ll have a wonderful treat with a Private Walking Tour of the Cinque Terre. These are one of Italy’s most idyllic seaside clusters of villages. They are famous for their hikes and terraced hills cultivated with vineyards and olive groves.
Florence, 3 nights
Now it is on to the next stop on your Luxury Italy tour, the beautiful medieval city of Florence. En-route with your private driver, you can stop in Lucca or Pisa for lunch if you desire. Then, in Florence, you’ll stay at one of our preferred 5-star luxury hotels for three nights. Your visit to Florence will consist of the following:
- You’ll start your visit to Florence with our Leisurely Walking Excursion of the City with our private local expert guide. Plus, you will have the choice of a VIP skip the line visit to either the Uffizi Gallery or Accademia.
- First, a fabulous “gastronomic” tour at one of the city’s most famous and bustling markets followed by a hands-on and cooking lesson and meal. After, you will prepare a full 4-course menu, including appetizer, first and second course, and dessert. Finally, you will enjoy a sit down meal with your creations!
- Private transfers upon arrival in Florence and to return you to the train station at departure
Tuscan Countryside, 2 nights
Enjoy the spectacular landscape and wines of the Tuscan countryside for 2 nights. Your private driver will bring you to your luxury accommodations. You will have plenty of excellent choices for the next two nights.
To conclude your Tuscan adventure, we will arrange a Full-day Tuscan Immersion with Wine Tasting. The day will be designed to your travel wishes.
Rome, 3 nights
Next, you will see the Eternal City! Rome is simply fascinating. With its mix of modern city life and historic landmarks and artistic masterpieces, you will be amazed by all it has to offer. This is where Bella Vita does some of its best work. We create a haven of activities designed to give you a wonderful taste of this amazing city without exhausting you!
During your 3 days in Rome, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- Our Private “Before Hours” Morning Vatican Tour. This incredible opportunity offers a more personal Vatican experience, and the ability to avoid the noisy crowds.. With our expert guide, you’ll discover masterpieces of the Renaissance as well as ancient statues from the Vatican collections. To conclude, your private guide will also give you access to the Basilica straight from the museums, avoiding the sometimes endless lines.
- Private Tour through Ancient Rome with VIP access to the Coliseum Underground Visit Capitoline Hill, the Roman Forum, finishing off with the spectacular Coliseum.
- Lose yourself within one of Europe’s most extraordinary museums and one of Rome’s greatest patrician collections, the Borghese Gallery. Your art historian/private guide will make the artists and statues come alive in this short but captivating tour.
Amalfi Coast, 3 nights
Your last but certainly not least destination in your Luxurious Italy itinerary is beautiful Positano! Bella Vita has a selection of elegant luxury sea-view hotels that we’ll choose from according to your taste and style.
During your days on the Amalfi Coast, we can arrange for you to enjoy the following activities:
- Enjoy a fascinating 2-hour walk through the Ruins of Pompeii with a private guide. Also, If you wish, while in Naples, your driver can then stop to let you sample the city’s world-renowned and quintessential street food – pizza!
- A very special day on a Private Boat Tour to the Breathtaking Island of Capri and the Amalfi Coast. They say that “getting there is twice the fun”, and seeing this World Heritage coastline from the water is as impressive as your arrival in world-famous Capri.
- On the last day of your Luxurious Italy tour, we will arrange a private transfer to the Naples airport or train station.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Luxury Italy tour. A few days in the “heel of Italy”, otherwise known as Puglia? Or a visit to the island of Sicily? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish!
Read our full detailed itinerary for a luxury Italy vacation here: Luxurious Italy
In our Grand Highlights of Morocco Itinerary, you will experience a 15-day adventure of some of Morocco’s most alluring destinations. Morocco has both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. There are markets, cosmopolitan cities, and palm-tree swaying oases in the middle of nowhere. There is an infusion of smells and colors bordering on sublime sensory overload. And lastly, it is exotic and mysterious yet welcoming and hospitable. Accompanied in luxury by a private driver and guide for your entire voyage, you will have the chance to experience the very best of what this amazing and exotic country has to offer.
Rabat, 2 nights
Welcome to Morocco! The first destination of your luxury of Morocco tour will be amazing Rabat. Upon your arrival in Casablanca, your private concierge will greet you as you get off the plane. He/she will assist you in getting through fast-track customs and immigration. He’ll then help you with your luggage and accompany you to meet your private driver.
En route to Rabat, you’ll visit Casablanca’s mosque of Hassan II, the largest mosque in Africa and one of the few open to non-Muslim visitors. Situated on the edge of the Atlantic in the easternmost point of Morocco the mosque is truly an architectural masterpiece. Afterward, you will drive to the Imperial “garden city” of Rabat. Then, your driver will accompany you to your luxurious accommodations in the early evening. During your stay in Rabat, we will arrange for a Half-day Highlights Tour of the Capital of Morocco.
Fes, 3 nights
After breakfast and checkout, your private guide and driver will accompany you on to the next destination of your Grand Highlights Tour of Morocco, historical Fes. During your stay in Fes, we will arrange the following special experiences:
- A Private Guided Tour of the City of Fes. Your guide will help you discover the highlights of the city as well as accompany you through the winding streets of the souks.
- A Full Day Tour to Meknes and Volubilis with Lunch and Wine Tasting. This imperial city, known as “Moroccan Versailles”, was founded in the 17th century by King Moulay Ismail. You will also enjoy a traditional Moroccan meal with a wine tasting during your excursion.
The Sahara Desert, 1 night
The next destination on your itinerary will be the Sahara Desert! You’ll take comfortable 4×4 vehicles across the dunes to your luxury Sahara camp accommodations.
A sea of soft, warm, apricot-toned sands, the rippling landscape of the Erg Chebbi desert is one of Morocco’s most enchanting natural wonders. For centuries, travelers have awed at its infinite stillness. Beauty beyond words. Here you will find your luxury camp for one magical night. You will enjoy camel trekking, a sand hammam, traditional dancing, and a wonderful meal by candlelight. Make sure to get to bed early so you can experience the amazing sunrise over the Sahara!
Skoura, 2 nights
This morning you’ll meet your private guide and driver again and travel to the desert oasis village of Skoura. En route, you’ll visit the gorges of Todra. Finally, you’ll then be accompanied to your luxurious traditional accommodations where you can relax after your exciting stay in the desert.
Your time in Skoura takes shape around completely personalized adventures with your dedicated guide.
Marrakech, 4 nights
After checkout, you’ll enjoy a visit to the impressive Ksar Ait-Ben-Haddou. Afterward, you’ll continue on to the next destination on your Grand Highlights of Morocco Tour, the vibrant city of Marrakesh.
Marrakesh has been a city of history and culture for more than a thousand years. It is one of the most evocative and exotic places in the world.
During your visit to Marrakesh, you will enjoy the following special experiences:
- A Full Day Private Discovery of Marrakesh. Highlights of your visit will include Koutoubia Mosque, Saadian Tombs, El Bahia Palace, and of course, the souks.
- A Private Moroccan Cooking Class and Lunch. Your culinary experience takes place in the Amizmiz Valley, an area still populated by Berbers who still maintain their traditional way of life. You will create a traditional Moroccan two-course meal, and even bake your own bread. Following your class, you’ll enjoy the fruits of your labor under the shady trees of the garden- a truly unforgettable experience!
- A Private of Tour of Les Jardins Majorelle. Your guide and driver will accompany you to one of Marrakesh’s most interesting attractions, Yves Saint Laurent’s Majorelle Gardens.
- A Full-day Excursion to Essaouria. Your guide and driver will accompany you to this charming village on the Atlantic coast.
High Atlas Mountains, 2 nights
Last but not least, on your luxury Morocco tour is the village of Asni. You will have a direct transfer from Marrakesh into the heart of the Atlas Mountains.
Your day is free to explore at your leisure. There are several activities to choose from including visiting a berber home, cooking lessons, mule riding, hiking. Or you can simply enjoy your 5 star hotel and its fantastic amenities and views.
On your departure day, you will have a private transfer to the Marrakesh Airport for your flight home or beyond.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Grand Highlights of Morocco tour. A few days on either the Atlantic or Mediterranean coast at one of our preferred resorts? Or a head north across the Strait of Gibraltar to visit Spain or Portugal? This trip is yours and we are happy to arrange any experience you are dreaming of!
Check out the full, detailed itinerary of our luxury Moroccan holiday here: Grand Highlights of Morocco
Experience a 15-day adventure to some of Spain‘s most alluring destinations. Spain is in color. Think the red of a flamenco dancer whirling through the square of Seville. It’s the bluest of blue seas on the Costa Del Sol. It’s the deep red of a glass of “vino tinto” at a bodega for an array of tapas as the day melts into night.
Our 15-day Luxury Spain itinerary allows you to enjoy three different “tastes” of this amazing country.
Madrid, 3 nights
Welcome to Spain! The first stop on your Luxurious Spain itinerary will be the elegant capital of Madrid. Bella Vita Travels has a wonderful selection of 5-star hotels for you to choose from. These are all based on location, comfort, and travel style. During your stay in Madrid, we will arrange the following special experiences:
- Our favorite way to start any trip to Spain is with our Insider’s Evening of Tapas & Spanish Wine. Your host for this evening is a genuine wine enthusiast and expert. For those who enjoy getting under the skin of the local foodie culture, as well as good company and conversation, this is a fabulous evening and highly recommended.
- A private “Madrid Essentials” Half-day tour with our private guide. The tour will also include an in-depth visit to your choice of the Royal Palace or the Prado Museum.
- A wonderful excursion just a short distance from Madrid is our Private Half-day Excursion to Toledo, via highspeed train. Some of the sites you will visit on your tour include the imposing Alcazar, its two Spanish synagogues, then, explore the soaring Gothic Cathedral, Santo Tomé, and marvel at El Greco’s famed Burial of the Count of Orgaz.
Seville, 3 nights
Next on your Luxurious Spain itinerary is beautiful Seville. During your stay in Seville, you will enjoy the following special experiences.
- No visit to Seville would be complete without a Half-day Private Tour of arguably Spain’s most enchanting city. You will explore the ornately decorated Alcazar Palace and its Andalusian gardens. Eventually, wander through the Barrio de Santa Cruz: originally the Jewish Quarter and now the prettiest quarter of Sevilla.
- A Culinary Pilgrimage to the home of Jamón Iberico. On this excursion, you’ll visit the Sierra of Aracena, north-west of Seville, and the most important area for the production of Iberian ham in Spain.
- Enjoy an evening of Flamenco and Tapas. Your guide will transform into a translator as you ́re joined by a local of the Sevillano flamenco community, the most famous in the world. Enjoy an excellent performance before combining the evening with another of Sevilla’s defining art forms, tapas!
Granada (Via Cordoba), 2 nights
After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will be waiting to take you to the next stop on your Luxurious Spain tour. But first, the historic city of Cordoba.
Upon arrival in Cordoba, meet your local expert guide for a wonderful half-day tour of the city. The highlight of the trip will be your stroll into the Mesquita. This is the former Mosque of the mighty Al-Andalus Muslim kingdom. On this tour, you’ll be able to appreciate how three different cultures; Christian, Muslim, and Jewish, came together to create this unique and fascinating city.
Next, your driver will accompany you through the Andalusian countryside and on to your next destination on your Luxurious Spain tour, the spectacular town of Granada. During your stay in Granada, we will arrange for a Private Walking Tour of Granada.
Mallorca, 3 nights
A private transfer will take you to the Granada airport for a short flight to the beautiful island of Mallorca. This is one of our favorite stops on the Luxurious Spain tour.
The largest and best known of the Balearic Islands, Mallorca offers so much. You also do not want to miss the rugged coastline with uninhabited coves and crystal clear sea. There is just about everything on the island!
On Mallorca, you will have several wonderful choices in luxurious 5-star accommodations, in fact, a few of our favorites! During your stay on the island, you will enjoy the following special activities:
- A Private Walking Tour of Palma de Mallorca.
- Enjoy a Full-day Sailing Excursion along the north-west coastline of Mallorca, the most scenic that the island offers. We strongly recommend a sailing experience whilst in Mallorca to enjoy the essence of the island and to plunge into the beautiful turquoise waters of some of the best coves and inlets that Mallorca has to offer.
- On your day of departure, you will have a private transfer to the airport.
Barcelona, 3 nights
Your last, but certainly not least, destination on your Luxurious Spain tour, will be Barcelona. You will have a short flight from Mallorca to Barcelona.
There is a mix of everything on this lovely stretch of the Mediterranean. Also, for food lovers, Barcelona has become the most talked-about city in Europe for its ever-evolving restaurant scene!
Upon arrival at Barcelona Airport, your private driver will be waiting to take you to your lovely accommodations. Our preferred 5-star accommodation choices are plentiful and range from boutique to elegant luxury. During your 3 days in Barcelona, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- A Private Half-day Highlights Tour of Barcelona including La Sagrada Familia.
- A Private Half-day Gaudi and Modernist Tour. Firstly, you will focus on the period that was Barcelona’s most vibrant and exciting. The age of visionary architect Antonio Gaudì and his contemporaries, a period of a Catalan Renaissance in the arts and literature. Then, visit the iconic Casa Milà. Next, you will also visit Parc Güell which Gaudí designed for his greatest patron. Lastly, visit the spectacular Casa Batlló.
- One of our favorite excursions from Barcelona is our Electric Bike and Wine Excursion to the Penedès Wine Region.
- In addition to the excursion above, we will make reservations for dinner at the world-famous Tickets Restaurant. Ranked number 20 on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list for 2019, every dish is a work of art and gastronomic delight.
On the last day of your Luxurious Spain tour, we will arrange for a private transfer to the Barcelona Airport for your flight home or your next destination.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Luxurious Spain tour. A few days on the Costa Brava? Or head to Valenica for its famous paella and up and coming wines? This luxury vacation is up to you and we are happy to arrange it as you wish!
Our full Spanish itinerary can be found here: Luxurious Spain