Planning a Mediterranean family vacation by yourself can be challenging. As those of us with children know, there are so many factors to consider. This is where a tailor made family vacation can change things. Our mission is to design tailor made trips to the Mediterranean based around your travel wishes and our local expertise. To sum it up, we do the hard work so you can make the unforgettable memories.
Whether you have a family of 3 or a multi-generation family of 12, we can create a vacation that embraces everyone’s interests. It is our pleasure and our passion to make the trip fun for the whole family. These are vacations we have done with our own children countless times! With Bella Vita’s expert advice (who else can tell you the location of every merry-go-round in Paris, or the best kayak trip for kids in Croatia?) your vacation will be a relaxing adventure instead of a stressful race.
This week, we will share some sample itineraries with you for tailor made family vacations. In short, since all of our trips are different as your families are, these are suggestions of what we can design for you. Remember that we can modify, change, add to or even take away from based on your wishes and the interests of your family!
A Family Vacation in Paris
To start, our “Paris Family Adventure”! You will experience an 8-day Parisian itinerary that introduces both adults and kids alike to the City of Lights in a unique way. Along the way, there are plenty of fantastic, “family-friendly” activities to enjoy.
What we can arrange:
In one week, you and your family have a wonderful “taste” of what this amazing city has to offer.
- Private Cruise along the Seine. Your private cruise is a magical experience that all the members of your family will enjoy and cherish.
- A Private Louvre Mystery Tour. The world’s most famous art museum turns into an exciting adventure with an interactive treasure hunt!
- Exploring The Palace Of Versailles & Cycling Tour. First, explore and discover this iconic palace in all its grandeur. With a fun-filled game booklet in hand, uncover the Palace of Versailles. After, hop on your bicycles and let your guide take you to the other parts of the property!
- Baking French Bread & Croissants. Meet your child-friendly chef in a private cooking school. You will leave this hands-on experience with great snacks for the rest of the day!
- Going Up The Eiffel Tower
- Castles and Da Vinci in the Loire Valley. We have created an amazing day filled with castles and science for the whole family! You will take the high-speed train to Saint-Pierre-des-Corps. Upon arrival, your guide will be waiting for you at the train station. He will drive you to the Clos Luc, the former home of Leonardo da Vinci. To finish, your chauffeur/guide will drive you to the Château de Chenonceau.
- A Paris “All Things Sweet” Tour. This special food tour has been designed for all the sweet tooth travelers coming to Paris. Treat yourself and your family to a memorable, family-friendly sweet experience.
Au Revior, Paris!
To conclude your Paris Family Adventure, you will have a private transfer to the airport or train station.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your itinerary. How about a few days in the Provençal countryside? Or head due east to the sun-drenched beaches of the Cote d’Azur? You decide and we will be happy to design your trip as you wish.
You can read the detailed version of our tailor made Parisian family vacation here: Paris Family Adventure
Greece for families
In our “Greece Family Adventure” itinerary, you and your family will experience an 11-day journey to Athens, Santorini, and Crete. This combo offers your family a mix of interesting cultures, fun education, and relaxation at the sea.
Your first stop on your “Greece Family Adventure”, will be the fascinating city of Athens. The capital of Greece is a virtual walkthrough of ancient civilization mix with modern touches and gastronomic delights.
- First, a Private Family Guided Acropolis Tour. With your active and energetic guide, your whole family will enter into the glory of one of the oldest civilizations.
- After, In the afternoon, continue with our Acropolis Museum Family Guided Tour. While we understand not all kids go crazy for museums, our guide will tell stories to keep your kids interested and attentive, filling in historical facts of the ruins to help inform you along the way.
- Family Athens Walk. You will experience a unique combination of culture, history, city life, and Greek food tastes and aromas. Filled with street art, traditional bakeries, and local restaurants, this is your chance to mingle with the locals and for a moment become Greeks yourselves!
The next stop on your Greek family vacation will be unforgettable Santorini. This beautiful volcanic island boasts dramatic landscapes and views in every direction.
- On our Discover Santorini for Families Tour, you can all enjoy the best of the island, along with tons of hidden gems you might not get to see without our local insider family guide by your side.
- Semi-Private Catamaran Cruise. Experience the unique opportunity of sailing into the spectacular caldera. This luxury cruise includes an unforgettable barbeque paired with Santorini’s finest wine and beverages whilst relaxing onboard. To sum it up, this is one of our favorite family vacation activities in Greece!
You will have a private transfer to the Santorini port for your high-speed ferry in business class to your next destination on your Greece Family Adventure, the island of Crete.
The largest of the Greek Islands, Crete was home to the ancient Minoan civilization, which dates back more than 3,500 years.
- A Private Tour of Knossos & Pottery Workshop. You’ll participate in a private pottery workshop where the kids will love the hands-on experience. This day is a great introduction to Crete!
- A Half-day Private Sail along the beautiful bay of Elounda and Plaka, a vacation hotspot for celebrities, and around Spinalonga island, the second most popular site of Crete after Knossos!
- Enjoy a Day of Wine, Graojuice, and Cretan cuisine! This family-friendly excursion offers you the opportunity to enjoy nature, discover local wines, experience a vineyard and indulge on local gastronomy.
- We will arrange a private transfer to take you to the Heraklion airport for your flight back to Athens or beyond.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Greece Family Adventure. A few days on the amazing on ap private boat around the Cyclades? Or discover the archaeological treats, lazy villages, and sandy beaches of The Peloponnese peninsula? The choice is yours!
Our full, detailed Greek family vacation can be found here: Greece for families
Croatian family vacation
What a treat you and your family will have in store on this 15-day Croatian Family Adventure! With everything from walled medieval cities to island hopping on the Adriatic, engaging in local customs, eating amazing food, and the Croatian love of children, this will be an unforgettable vacation for the entire family.
Zagreb, 2 nights
Welcome to Croatia! The first stop on your Croatian Family Adventure will be the country’s capital, Zagreb. We can arrange for you:
- Personalized Walking tour of Zagreb
- A visit to the the rustic Zagorje region to visit Trakoscan Castle, dine on regional specialties at a local tavern, and sample wine produced in Zagorje.
Istria, 3 nights
You’ll privately transfer about three hours west to the coast on the Istrian Peninsula. Often called the “Tuscany of Croatia”, the landscape is spectacular.
On your way from Zagreb to Istria, you will have some time in Golubinjak Forest Park. The forest is home to huge, unbelievable trees that seem to rise high above the cliffs surrounding them. It is a wonderful place to split up the drive and give everyone a chance to enjoy Mother Nature at her best.
There will be a few choices here from a wonderful wine hotel amidst the vineyards or a seaside resort in one of our favorite villages. During your stay in Istria, you will enjoy the following special experiences:
- First, a Truffle Hunting, Olive Oil, and a Fisherman’s Village for the Family
- Second, you will also have the option of a private full-day tour of Brijuni islands and Pula, gems of the Istria south coast. Enjoy a private tour by golf cart around its archaeological, natural, and historical sites. After taking the boat back to the mainland, head to the historic town of Pula.
- To finish, there are plenty of fun kid activities such as zoos and waterparks.
Zadar, 2 nights
Make your way to charming Zadar, by private boat from Istria. You will stop at magical Silba. This quaint island with no cars has kept a relaxed atmosphere and an authentic way of life. You will have time for lunch and a swim and snorkeling here.
Upon arrival in Zadar, you will have a private transfer to your nearby hotel which is a lovely restored residence in the heart of the old town.The next day we will see Plitvice Lakes National Park. Made up of 16 terraced lakes and waterfalls, the water appears to be emerald green just like the forest that surrounds it. To conclude your day, you can also take the kids zip-lining across some beautiful landscape!
Split, 2 nights
Up next on your Croatian family vacation is the ancient city of Split. Upon arrival here, you will have a private transfer take you to your unique accommodations within the walls of Diocletian’s Palace or a seafront hotel. You can experience the next day our Essential Walk through the Place and Beyond. You will see the Diocletian’s Palace and Diocletian’s mausoleum. Continue to the north entrance known as the ‘Golden Gate’. You leave the palace area and explore the medieval part known as the ‘Old Town’’. The tour finishes on the seaside promenade known as the Riva.
Brac, 2 nights
The next stop on your Croatian Family Adventure will be Braç. After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will transfer you and your luggage to the port. Here you will have a private boat take you to the lovely island of Braç! En-route cruise around Pakleni Islands, a breath-taking archipelago with lush vegetation, beautiful bays, and intact nature. Enjoy the azure waves, beautiful coves surrounded by pine forests, and gentle breeze scented by aromatic herbs.
To sum up your time in Brac, we can also arrange an Amazing Day of Biking Braç and a breathless view of the mid-Dalmatian islands!
Dubrovnik, 3 nights
Your last, but certainly not least, destination on your Croatian Family Adventure, will be the beautiful historic city overlooking the Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik.
You will several fantastic options to choose from in terms of accommodations. Our preferred list is quite extensive in Dubrovnik and we will match you with what best fits your travel style and taste.
- On your way from Split to Dubrovnik, there will be a wonderful stop on the Peljesac Peninsula for Oysters, Wine, and More. Discover Mali Ston Bay, famous for the original European delicacy of succulent oysters!
- First, a Private Half-day Walking tour of Dubrovnik.
- Second, a Day of Traditional Croatian Cooking. Just an hour’s south of Dubrovnik lies the charming Konavle region. Your host will introduce you to the local produce and other ingredients. The kids are free to roam and pick out the best fruits and vegetables in the owner’s garden, plus the opportunity to milk a goat!
- To finish up, relax! Enjoy a bit of sea, sun, and exercise on our Kayaking Tour of Dubrovnik and Lokrum island. Explore Dubrovnik from the water and get a completely different perspective of the old city.
Finally, when it is time to say goodbye to Dubrovnik, we will arrange a private transfer to the airport.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Croatian Family vacation. A few days on the up and coming (and very beautiful) Montenegro coast? Or even add Slovenia to the first part of your trip? The choice is up to you and the wishes of your family!
To see our full Croatian family vacation sample itinerary, read more here: Croatian Family Adventure
No one family vacation is alike!
Always tailor made
We hope that these itinerary ideas provided some travel inspiration for your family vacation to Paris, Greece or Croatia. To conclude, its our mission and promise to make your Mediterranean travel dreams come true! If any of these itineraries are the solution to your wanderlust, we are waiting to hear from you!