Croatia is an amazing choice for a trip to celebrate International Women’s Month! We women wear a lot of hats. That’s been even more felt the past few years. It’s easy to forget about ourselves sometimes. However, travel and taking time for ourselves is an essential part of our health and well being. What better way to reconnect and relax than with a tailor made trip with your best friends?
Croatia is a destination that has something for every type of traveler. A vacation with your group of women friends has so many possibilities. Everyone is different, and Croatia offers you and your friends choices for everyone. From wine tasting, to cooking classes, to medieval cities. Or, days at the beach in the bluest sea or a boat tour. Maybe a hike to one of the most breathtaking waterfalls in Europe? You and your friends will find it is the perfect way to celebrate your friendship. And there is no time like women’s month to start planning!
We offer a wide range of tours in this diverse and interesting country. You can find several sample itineraries on our website. Below, we share an idea for a 10 night trip here. Remember, all of our tours are tailor made to you!
We listen to your wishes and travel dreams, and we will craft the perfect Croatian itinerary for you and your friends.
Zagreb, 2 nights
Welcome to Croatia! The first stop on your girls trip will be the country’s capital, Zagreb. A private transfer will greet you at the airport and take you and your friends to your gorgeous accommodations in the city center. We have a selection of accommodations with all options for a mixed group of ladies. Single rooms? Suites for a few close friends? We will work with your group to find the perfect solution!
We will leave the first evening free to recharge your batteries before starting your amazing adventure ahead. The next day, enjoy the following excursion:
- Your private guide will take you on this Personalized Walking tour of Zagreb including the most important cultural, historical architectural sites. Start at Governor Jelačić Square, or simply The Square, the main square in Zagreb. Them, head to the Upper town known as Gradec and Kaptol. Next, you will take a short ride on a funicular to Ilica Street. There will be time for a cup of coffee/tea is part while learning even more about Zagreb and Croatia.
- Additionally, if desired, you can visit the rustic Zagorje region to visit Trakoscan Castle, dine on regional specialties at a local tavern, and sample wine produced in Zagorje.
Split, 2 nights
This morning, your friends will check out of your hotel in Zagreb. You will have a private transfer to your hotel in your next destination, Split, with an amazing stop along the way.
Designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Plitvice Lakes National Park is an absolute must for any traveler to Croatia. Made up of 16 terraced lakes over a total area of 114 square miles, the water appears to be emerald green just like the forest that surrounds it. But the real attractions are the gorgeous cascading waterfalls that plunge over the terraces in seemingly every corner of Plitvice. During your time here, you can enjoy some lovely hiking routes within the park that follow along wooden boardwalks. You can also zip-lining across some beautiful landscape!
After, your private transfer will take you to your unique accommodations within the walls of Diocletian’s Palace or a seafront hotel. The choice is yours. During your stay in Split, you and your friends will enjoy the following special experience:
- No visit to Split would be complete without an Essential Walk through the Place and Beyond. With your family-friendly guide, the tour starts at the south wall of Diocletian’s Palace. Here you can see the full view of its scale and hear how and why the palace was built. You’ll explore the untouched basements, then make your way to the central Peristyle square. Afterward, visit what was originally Diocletian’s mausoleum.Walking the maze of cobbled streets and squares, see the architectural era which features buildings from the Romanesque, Renaissance, Gothic, and Succession period. The tour finishes on the seaside promenade known as the Riva.
Island hopping with friends – Brac, 2 nights
The next stop on your girls trip in Croatia will be Braç. After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will transfer you and your luggage to the port. Here you will have a private boat take you to the lovely island of Braç with a fun excursion along the way (see below!). On the island, you will stay in one of our very favorite hotels in Croatia full of comfort and charm.
- Take the long way to Braç with a Private Boating Excursion. En-route cruise around Pakleni Islands, a breath-taking archipelago with lush vegetation, beautiful bays, and intact nature. Enjoy the azure waves, beautiful coves surrounded by pine forests, and gentle breeze scented by aromatic herbs. Don’t miss out on a delicious local meal! Your skipper will have some great recommendations of lovely little restaurants scattered around the islands. Later today you will continue the cruise to Braç.
- An Amazing Day of Biking Braç! You’ll be accompanied by your driver to the top of Adriatic island’s St. Vid, from where you’ll bike down to Sutivan. Start with a breathless view of the mid-Dalmatian islands. Then begin your journey down. This route leads through old villages and some of the most beautiful areas of the island. There will be interesting stops along the way. Once you reach our driver will accompany you back to your hotel in the afternoon.
Dubrovnik, 3 nights
Your last, but certainly not least, destination on your Croatian trip with your best friends, will be the beautiful historic city overlooking the Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik. Once you have been transferred back to the mainland by private ferry, you will meet your private driver/guide who will accompany you 3 hours south to this marvelous city, but with a bit of fun en-route.
You will several fantastic options to choose from in terms of accommodations. Our preferred list is quite extensive in Dubrovnik and we will match your friends with what best fits your travel style and taste. During your 3 days in Dubrovnik, we can arrange so many things for you. Here are some of our favorites – and what we’d choose if we were traveling with our best friends!
- On your way from Split to Dubrovnik, there will be a wonderful stop on the Peljesac Peninsula for Oysters, Wine, and More. Discover Mali Ston Bay, famous for the original European delicacy of succulent oysters! Your host, a local farmer, will take you for a private oyster farm tour in the bay. Enjoy a glass of wine or two as you drift around and watch the local fishermen apply their trade. Then, walk the small coastal town of Ston with your guide. In the village of Ponikve visit a small family-run winery. A charismatic owner, passionate about his wines, makes some of the best organic wines in Croatia in a traditional way. Take an exciting tour around the vineyards, followed by a wine tasting of their best local wines. Continue on to Dubrovnik.
- A Private Half-day Walking tour of Dubrovnik. The UNESCO-protected Old Town features medieval stone buildings, red-tiled roofs, and narrow passageways. And if you are a “Game of Thrones” fan, just let us know so we can add in some great tidbits about its filming of King’s Landing! No visit to Dubrovnik would be complete without a walk around the city walls, one of the best-preserved ramparts in the Mediterranean. Get a glance of the old town of Dubrovnik from a completely different angle and enjoy spectacular views of the shimmering Adriatic.
- Enjoy a bit of sea, sun, and exercise on our Kayaking Tour of Dubrovnik and Lokrum island. Explore Dubrovnik from the water and get a completely different perspective of the old city. Starting from the mainland, you will paddle to Lokrum Island where you can enjoy a swim and snorkel, explore the 15th-century Benedictine monastery, and hike along the car-less trails.
A perfect trip with friends…
When it is time to say goodbye to Dubrovnik, we will arrange a private transfer to the airport.
If your group of friends has more time and wants to keep exploring, we can add some other stops! Perhaps a few more days in the islands, like Hvar or Korčula? Or a few days in the gastronomic paradise of Istria? Maybe a few days on the riviera of Montenegro or wine tasting through Slovenia?
There are so many options for your trip to Croatia – and we cannot wait to help you and your friends decide! Contact us for more information on how to stop dreaming and start planning. You ladies deserve it!