PARIS, CASTLES & WINE
PARIS, CASTLES & WINE
In our “Paris, Castles & Wine” Adventure, you will experience a 10-day French itinerary that combines the chic and cosmopolitan lifestyle of Paris with the spectacular castles of the Loire Valley and the amazing wines and history of Bordeaux.
PARIS – 3 NIGHTS
Upon arrival in Paris, we will arrange for a private transfer to your accommodations of choice in the city center. Bella Vita’s has a wonderful selection of 4 and 5-star hotels for you to choose from. These are all based on location, comfort, and travel style. From the hotel, you’re a short walk from many of the amazing sights and landmarks the city is so famous for. Please note, we have a plethora of wonderful activities to experience in Paris. We will customize your days there based on your travel wishes and tastes. Here are just a few examples of what we could arrange:
- A private “Paris Essentials” tour with our professional English speaking driver-guide will show you all the main highlights of Paris in just a few hours. This is a great introduction to the city since you will see the Eiffel Tower, the Arch of Triumph, Champs Elysees, Trocadero, the Opera House, Invalides, Vendome Square, Concorde Square, the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay buildings, the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame Cathedral, Montmartre & Sacred Heart Basilica, and the Pantheon.
- A Luxurious Boat for a Dinner Cruise with the incredible cuisine of by a renowned chef. The cuisine is full of delicate gustatory delights and top-rated wines. All of which you will enjoy while taking in the front row view of Notre Dame Cathedral, Conciergerie, Pont Neuf, Lovelock Bridge, Louvre, Grand Palais, Pont Alexander III, Eiffel Tower, Ile St Louis, and more.
- In our Louvre evening “Crash Course” tour, discover one of the largest museums in the world in the best-possible visiting conditions. With your private guide, you can choose your route based on interest, and he/she will make these works of art come alive!
- Our delectable Paris food tour, led by a local chef or food writer. You will stroll the charming streets of St.-Germain-des-Pres and the Left Bank, explore the culinary culture of Paris. Your private, expert guide will introduce the basics of French cuisine. You will also meet the owners of tiny food shops, taste artisanal products. Enliven your senses to the amazing culinary traditions for which France is known the world over.
- A half-day private Versailles Palace Tour excursion from Paris. Here you will meet one of our excellent historians to see the magnificent château and Jardins of Versailles, the seat of the royal court from 1682 until the Revolution. We’ll conceptualize the architectural and historical significance of this immense site, all the while taking in its awe-inspiring beauty. You will visit the exterior, interior, amazing gardens, and the hunting lodge.
LOIRE VALLEY – 3 NIGHTS
After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will deliver you to the train station where you will have 1st class tickets on the high-speed train to Tours. Upon arrival in Tours, you will meet you private driver who will then transport you to your gorgeous accommodations. We have several choices for your consideration. From a restored hunting lodge to a true castle, you will be in the lap of luxury and charm.
During your stay in the Loire Valley, you will enjoy the following:
- A Private 3-hour hot-air balloon experience is the ideal way to enjoy an aerial view of this beautiful area. The sweeping vineyards, lush forests, and fairy-tale castles of the Loire Valley are even more impressive from above! Float over the UNESCO-listed landscapes of the Loire, Indre, or Cher Valleys. Spot landmarks like the Chateau of Chenonceau or the gardens of Villandry. And after “touch down” back on land, you will feast a tasting of local wines, cheese, and meats.
- A Full-day Castles and Wine Experience: We’ll start your day with a visit to Chambord Castle. The castle is a Renaissance masterpiece and featured on the UNESCO World Heritage list. The double-spiral staircase forms the centerpiece of the décor. However, this cultural treasure also offers chimneys, terraces, and an incredible nature preserve. Explore this historical pièce de résistance, from its view of the Grand Canal to the wealth of its local flora and fauna. Afterward, there will be time to stop for a nice lunch at one of our recommended restaurants. Then, spend the afternoon you will visit the famous Chenonceau Castle. This Castle reminds you of the essence of France. Arching over the River Cher, it is one of the most romantic Chateau of the Loire Valley. Later in the afternoon, continue with a wine experience. You will enjoy a visit to an authentic family-run wine estate in Vouvray’s famous wine region. The cellar visit will be followed by a wine tasting from the estate accompanied by regional specialties. You will also taste some Chinon red wine to learn more about the diversity of the Loire valley wines and whet your appetite for a return trip!
BORDEAUX – 3 NIGHTS
When it is time to leave the lovely Loire Valley, you will have a private transfer to the Tours train station. Here, you will board the newly opened high-speed train to Bordeaux. In first-class, of course! Upon arrival in Bordeaux, you will be picked up at the station and brought to your elegant hotel.
Bordeaux is the capital of southwestern France. The city is distinguished by its exceptional 18th-century architecture. It is also a World Heritage status by UNESCO. It is well known for its gastronomy, culture, shopping, and nearby vineyards of the world’s finest wines. During your stay in Bordeaux, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- A Private Full-Day Tour of Bordeaux: With your local guide discover the treasures of this special city that has made it a UNESCO heritage site. The morning will be spent exploring the city’s most famous landmarks. These include the Grand Theatre, the Girondins monument, Allée de Tourny, and Place de la Bourse. You will also enjoy the 2,000-year-old district of Saint-Pierre, famous for its cafes and restaurants. You may even have the chance to explore the Les Halles de Bacalan, dedicated to Bordelaise edibles. This tour ensures you discover Bordeaux’s beautiful neighborhoods and unique history. Lunchtime will provide a real treat at one of our favorite restaurants, conveniently located at Cité du Vin, an amazing new interactive wine museum. This also happens to be your last stop which is full of fun and interesting anecdotes.
- A Full-day of Wine Touring with your English speaking local wine guide/driver. Here you will have the choice between the Saint-Emilion and the Medoc areas of Bordeaux. Both will include 3 different castle winery tours and tastings. It is a wonderful day of both learning about the Bordelais wines but also the history of the people and places that produce them.
On your departure day you will have a private transfer to the Bordeaux airport or train station.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your itinerary. How about a few days discovering more of SW France (we love Carccassone!)? Or head due east to the sun-drenched beaches of the Cote d’Azur? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish.