FOOD AND WINE OF
Welcome to France! In our Food and Wine of Northern France itinerary, experience a 10-day French itinerary that combines the chic and cosmopolitan lifestyle and cuisine of Paris with the vineyards and grand cellars of Champagne and the rolling landscapes and hearty food of Burgundy.
PARIS – 4 NIGHTS
Paris is a gastronomic capital. Therefore, a culinary experience is a natural fit to start off your Food and Wine of Northern France itinerary. Whether it be Michelin-starred restaurants to a small, charming brasserie, the choices in local cuisine are endless. Your days will be filled with wonderful gastronomic walks, wine tastings, cooking lessons, and of course, a bit of culture and history!
Upon arrival in Paris, we will arrange for a private transfer to your accommodations of choice in the city center. Bella Vita’s has a wonderful selection of 4 and 5-star hotels for you to choose from. These are all based on location, comfort, and travel style. From the hotel, you’re a short walk from many of the amazing sights and landmarks the city is so famous for. Please note, we have a plethora of wonderful activities to experience in Paris. We will customize your days there based on your travel wishes and tastes. Here are just a few examples of what we could arrange:
- A private “Paris Essentials” tour with our professional English speaking driver-guide will show you all the main highlights of Paris in just a few hours. This is a great introduction to the city. Sites you will see include the Eiffel Tower, the Arch of Triumph, Champs Elysees, Trocadero, the Opera House, Invalides, Vendome Square, Concorde Square, the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay buildings, the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame Cathedral, Montmartre & Sacred Heart Basilica, and the Pantheon.
- Learn and indulge in our From Market to Table Tour and Cooking Class. The concept for this gastronomic excursion in Paris is very simple. The menu is not decided in advance! Instead, you and your fellow travel companions will interact with the vendors, and your chef to choose the best products and transform them into a delicious meal. At the end of the cooking class, you will enjoy the 4-course meal together paired with excellent French wines.
- Discover more of the food of Paris on our delectable Paris Food Walk. Led by a local chef or food writer, stroll the charming streets of St.-Germain-des-Pres and the Left Bank. Here you will immerse in the culinary culture of Paris. Your private, expert guide will introduce the basics of French cuisine. You will also meet the owners of tiny food shops, taste artisanal products. Enliven your senses to the amazing culinary traditions that France is famous for all the world over. Note, we can tailor this to your interests. For example, focusing on cheese and charcuterie or going sweet with chocolate and pastries.
- Finish off your stay in Paris with a Luxurious Boat for a Dinner Cruise with the incredible cuisine of by a renowned chef. The cuisine is full of delicate gustatory delights and top-rated wines. All of which you will enjoy while taking in the front row view of Notre Dame Cathedral, Conciergerie, Pont Neuf, Lovelock Bridge, Louvre, Grand Palais, Pont Alexander III, Eiffel Tower, Ile St Louis, and more.
- In our Louvre evening “Crash Course” tour, discover one of the largest museums in the world in the best-possible visiting conditions. With your private guide, you can choose your route based on interest, and he/she will make these works of art come alive!
BURGUNDY – 3 NIGHTS
Lovely Beaune Vineyards amongst the castles Hearty cooking lessons
It’s time to move on to your next destination in your Food and Wine of Northern France itinerary. After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will deliver you to the train station. Here, you will have 1st class tickets on the high-speed train to Dijon. Upon arrival in Dijon, you will meet your private driver who will then transport you through beautiful accommodations. You will have the choice between several hotels, castles, and farmhouses for the next 2 nights.
During your stay in Burgundy, you will enjoy the following:
- On your way from the Djon train station to your accommodations, we will arrange for a very special exclusive experience. Explore the finest vineyards and villages of the Côte de Beaune! Sample the best wines on our Côte De Beaune and Hautes Côte De Beaune Private Tour accompanied by a local wine expert. From Aloxe Corton to Saint-Aubin, you will be welcomed into the winegrower’s home. You’ll also find yourself plunged into the hushed universe of a magnificent Châteaux, such as the chic ambiance in Pommard or Meursault. You will also unlock the secrets of the Grands Crus of Puligny-Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet before moving onto Corton hill.
- A Day in Burgundy is a full day of exploring, cooking, and tasting specially-created to introduce guests to the gastronomic culture of the Burgundy. The day includes visits to a favorite fromagerie and local artisan butcher. YOu may possibly also visit the Beaune morning market tour to gather provisions for lunch. Your two-hour hands-on cooking class includes a local cheese course, and a Burgundian wine pairing hand-selected from our wine shop. On with your apron and begin with an explanation and demonstration of the classic French culinary techniques. Then everyone will get to work prepping the ingredients and participating in the hands-on cooking class. Once the cooking is done, a champagne apéritif is followed by a seven-course menu!
CHAMPAGNE – 2 NIGHTS
When it is time to leave the lovely Burgundy, you will have a private transfer north to the Champagne region. This will be the last stop on your Food and Wine of Northern France itinerary. En route, you will have a stop in delightful Troyes. The historical center is aptly shaped like the cork of a champagne bottle with a rectangular outline defined by avenues of trees and a rounded top circled by the River Seine. You will be charmed by the narrow, cobbled streets and medieval half-timbered buildings. After some time for lunch and stroll, your driver will continue on to your accommodations.
Troyes Toasting amongst the Vines The Champagne countryside
Lying to the east of the Paris region, Champagne is one of the great historic provinces of France. Dating back to Charlemagne, in the ninth century, it was considered one of the great regions of Europe. Now, thanks to a type of sparkling wine to which the region has given its name, the word Champagne is known worldwide. As always, you will have several lodging choices ranging from a 5-star chateau to a charming boutique guesthouse with just 12 rooms. During your stay in Champagne, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- A Full-day of Champagne Touring including the exclusive Dom. Benedictine monk Pierre Perignon (a.k.a Dom Perignon) dedicated his life to creating a perfect wine. He pioneered viticultural methods and winemaking methods and from his ingenious work of blending different grapes that formed the foundation of Champagne. A visit to Dom is a very private and exclusive affair. In addition to the winery, you will also visit Dom Pérignon’s church and burial monument. Then, you relish in a 5-star lunch overlooking the vineyards. Your second champagne visit will be to the wonderful cellars of Veuve Clicquot. Afterward, make a visit to the beautiful medieval church of Reims. It will be an unforgettable day!
On your departure day, you will have a private transfer to Charles de Gaulle airport or the Reims train station if you plan to continue your travels after your Food and Wine of Northern France tour.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your itinerary. How about a few days discovering Normandy, its history, sites but also the wines and food? Or make way to Lyon and its thriving gastronomic scene. Or head due south to the sun-drenched beaches of the Cote d’Azur? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish.