A GREECE FAMILY ADVENTURE
GREECE FAMILY ADVENTURE
In our “Greece Family Adventure” itinerary, you and your family will experience an 11-day journey to Athens, Santorini, and Crete. With private guides, drivers, and local experts, explore the history and culture of Athens. Then, relish in the breath-taking beauty of Santorini. Last but not least, explore mythological Crete. This combo offers your family a mix of interesting cultures, fun education, and relaxation at the sea.
ATHENS – 3 NIGHTS
Your first stop on your “Greece Family Adventure” will be the fascinating city of Athens. The capital of Greece is a virtual walkthrough of ancient civilization mixed with modern touches and gastronomic delights.
Upon arrival at the Athens airport, we will arrange for a VIP arrival service. You will have personal assistance to fast-track you through customs and baggage claim. Once you have done this, your private transfer will be waiting to deliver you to your elegant accommodations in the city center. We have several preferred hotels to choose from. During your stay in Athens, we will arrange the following special experiences with our hand-picked “family-friendly” guides and drivers:
- Start the day with our Private Family Guided Acropolis Tour. With your active and energetic guide, your whole family will enter into the glory of one of the oldest civilizations. Take a step back in time while listening to all the stories and myths of the past. Furthermore, via an interactive tablet, your children will learn about the history of ancient Athens. They will be able to understand where they are and what was here in the past.
- In the afternoon, after lunch, continue with our Acropolis Museum Family Guided Tour. While we understand not all kids go crazy for museums, our guide will tell stories to keep your kids interested and attentive, filling in historical facts of the ruins to help inform you along the way. And since you will have seen the Acropolis that morning, you can retrace historical footsteps and lose yourself in the ancient Greek civilization. One of the highlights will be the amazingly detailed Lego Acropolis. Located in the kids’ area on the first floor of the museum contains more than 120,000 Lego bricks. We guarantee an excellent adventure for the entire family!
- Discover Athens’ city center and feel its pulse from a local’s perspective on our Family Athens Walk. You will experience a unique combination of culture, history, city life, and Greek food tastes and aromas. Start in Syntagma Square and view the official changing of the guards in front of the Unknown Soldier’s Monument. Next, head to the Plaka, one of the most colorful neighborhoods. Walk around its many pedestrian streets. Enjoy the numerous picturesque cafés and restaurants with their vivid colors and appetizing flavors. Your local guide will help you discover many hidden spots and reveal the area’s historical secrets. Even have the chance to do a little negotiating for souvenirs! Next, head to Dionysiou Aeropagitou street, Athen’s “grand promenade” which is filled with fascinating stories from Greek mythology. Then it’s on to the Roman Market, an archaeological site of great historic importance. From there, find yourselves at Monastiraki Square and its famous flea market. Last but not least, arrive in the Psiri neighborhood, one of Athen’s most happening and fun neighborhoods. Filled with street art, traditional bakeries, and local restaurants, this is your chance to mingle with the locals and for a moment become Greeks yourselves!
SANTORINI – 3 NIGHTS
The next stop on your Greece Family Adventure will be unforgettable Santorini. You will take either a short flight or the ferry from Athens. This beautiful volcanic island boasts dramatic landscapes and views in every direction. It is home to the interesting ancient city of Akrotiri, both black and red sand beaches, and some of Greece’s best wines.
Upon arrival at the Santorini airport or port, your private driver will greet you and deliver you to a spectacular resort overlooking the caldera. During your 3 days in Santorini, you will enjoy the following special experiences:
- On our Discover Santorini for Families Tour, you can all enjoy the best of the island. Additionally, uncover tons of hidden gems you might not get to see without our local insider family guide. Visit traditional villages, whitewashed back alleys, and an amazing beach with a spectacular lunar-like landscape. Starting in the charming village of Oia, explore off back alleys of a pastel-colored neighborhood. Then, return back time to 1613 B.C when the largest volcanic eruption took place! You will learn why people believe that Santorini is actually “Atlantis”. Before leaving Oia, we’ll visit a famous book store housed in a stunning whitewashed cave. Next, we will drive to the best-preserved castle-village of Emporio. You will also learn all about the infamous pirate Barbarossa., and how pirates repeatedly raided Santorini and the neighboring Aegean islands. Finish with a seaside picnic!
- There’s no better way to explore the crystal blue seas and islands around Santorini than a Semi-Private Catamaran Cruise. In the warm sunshine, you will sail past some of the best-known Santorini landmarks and beaches. Experience the unique opportunity of sailing into the spectacular caldera. This luxury cruise includes an unforgettable barbeque paired with Santorini’s finest wine and beverages whilst relaxing onboard. You will start your sailing adventure at Ammoudi port, continue below the Caldera and make your first stop at the Hot Springs for swimming and an incredible mud bath. Your journey will continue past Aspronisi, the ancient lighthouse, Akrotiri and Indian Rock before making your second stop at the White Beach for some fun water activities, swimming, and snorkeling. While on anchor you will also indulge in a delicious barbeque paired with Santorini wines and refreshments. After your batteries are recharged, it is time for the third stop at the Red Beach for your final dip of the day before you return to shore.
You will have a private transfer to the Santorini port for your high-speed ferry in business class to your next destination on your Greece Family Adventure, the island of Crete.
CRETE – 4 NIGHTS
The largest of the Greek Islands, Crete was home to the ancient Minoan civilization, which dates back more than 3,500 years. It is also filled with spectacular natural and man-made sights to enjoy.
Upon arrival at the Heraklion airport, your private driver will greet you and take you to your hotel near lovely Elounda Beach. There will be a couple of choices for family-friendly yet very luxurious accommodations. During your stay on Crete, we will arrange for the following special activities:
- A Private Tour of Knossos & Pottery Workshop. During your tour with a private family-friendly guide, you will discover that the Palace of Knossos was the center of a powerful civilization that dominated the Mediterranean 3500 years ago. You’ll also learn about the Greek myths connected with the site such as Theseus and the Minotaur. Afterward, you’ll participate in a private pottery workshop where the kids will love the hands-on experience. Under the guidance of a local craftsperson, you will find out about the process of creating pots and vases, as well as having the opportunity to make your own. This day is a great introduction to Crete!
- A Half-day Private Sail along the beautiful bay of Elounda and Plaka, a vacation hotspot for celebrities, and around Spinalonga island, the second most popular site of Crete after Knossos! The island’s history as a leper colony in the mid-20th century inspired Victoria Hislop, to write the famous novel “The island”. Spinalonga “hides” more stories though. Your friendly captain will be more than happy to narrate the most interesting ones to you! During your sail, you will have the opportunity to sunbathe, swim, and snorkel or fish. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
- Enjoy a Day of Wine, Graojuice, and Cretan cuisine! Surrounded by the idyllic setting of green vineyards and the Cretan mountains, this family-friendly excursion offers you the opportunity to enjoy nature, discover local wines, experience a vineyard, and indulge in the local gastronomy. Your family will visit a family-owned that produces high-quality wines. Together with your kids, you will join a guided tour around the vineyards and the open-air vine museum where you will discover the secrets of the local grapes and learn more about the wine-making tradition. You will also get to visit the cellar where wine is aged in oak. Afterward, you will pick your picnic basket and choose a tranquil spot in the heart of the vineyard. Under the shadow of the olive trees, you and your kids will enjoy a bit of nature, good wine (for the adults!) and local, traditional delicacies.
- On your departure day, we will arrange a private transfer to the airport.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Greece Family Adventure. A few days on the amazing on a private boat around the Cyclades? Or discover the archaeological treats, sleepy villages, and sandy beaches of The Peloponnese peninsula? Or even head north to the amazing archaeological and architectural delights of Delphi and Meteora? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish.