In our “Northern France” tour, you will experience an 11-day French adventure that combines the chic and cosmopolitan lifestyle of Paris with the important historic sites, quaint villages, sweeping coastline, and culinary treasures of Normandy.
PARIS – 3 NIGHTS
Upon arrival in Paris, we will arrange for a private transfer to your accommodations of choice in the city center. Bella Vita’s has a wonderful selection of 4 and 5-star hotels for you to choose from. These are all based on location, comfort, and travel style. From the hotel, you’re a short walk from many of the amazing sights and landmarks the city is so famous for. Please note, we have a plethora of wonderful activities to experience in Paris. We will customize your days there based on your travel wishes and tastes. Here are just a few examples of what we could arrange:
- A private “Paris Essentials” tour with our professional English speaking driver-guide will show you all the main highlights of Paris in just a few hours. This is a great introduction to the city since you will see the Eiffel Tower, the Arch of Triumph, Champs Elysees, Trocadero, the Opera House, Invalides, Vendome Square, Concorde Square, the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay buildings, the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame Cathedral, Montmartre & Sacred Heart Basilica, and the Pantheon.
- A Luxurious Boat for a Dinner Cruise with the incredible cuisine of by a renowned chef. The cuisine is full of delicate gustatory delights and top-rated wines. All of which you will enjoy while taking in the front row view of Notre Dame Cathedral, Conciergerie, Pont Neuf, Lovelock Bridge, Louvre, Grand Palais, Pont Alexander III, Eiffel Tower, Ile St Louis, and more.
- In our Louvre evening “Crash Course” tour, discover one of the largest museums in the world in the best-possible visiting conditions. With your private guide, you can choose your route based on interest, and he/she will make these works of art come alive!
- Our delectable Paris food tour, led by a local chef or food writer. You will stroll the charming streets of St.-Germain-des-Pres and the Left Bank, explore the culinary culture of Paris. Your private, expert guide will introduce the basics of French cuisine. You will also meet the owners of tiny food shops, taste artisanal products. Enliven your senses to the amazing culinary traditions for which France is known the world over.
PORT-EN-BESSIN – 3 NIGHTS
After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will be waiting to take you to your next destination in breath-taking Normandy. But before that, you will have a wonderful day in-store (see below!). Your lovely accommodations in Port-en-Bessin are literally “fit for a king”!
During your stay in Port-en-Bessin, you will enjoy the following:
- Half-way through your private transfer from Paris to the Normandy Coast, your private driver will make a special stop at Bayeux. This lovely historic town is worth a stroll through its charming cobblestone streets and also to see the famous tapestry illustrating the Norman invasion of England in 1066. You will also have time for lunch before heading on to your gorgeous accommodations just a short drive away.
- Tour the D-Day landing beaches and other important World War II-related sites. You will bìvisit Omaha Beach, Port du Hoc, and Utah Beach. Plus the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, the Mulberry Artificial Harbors, and the Caen Museum of Peace. It is truly an amazing and humbling day.
- Enjoy a private excursion to Mont Saint-Michel, a remarkable UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of France’s true wonders. This enormous abbey and town on a tidal island have been a pilgrimage site since ancient times, and it remains one of Europe’s most popular attractions.
HONFLEUR – 3 NIGHTS
Next, you will enjoy a lovely drive through the Normandy countryside with some wonderful and delicious treats along the way. You will have the chance to explore charming villages dotted with thatched cottages and fruit orchards. You will also sample the gourmet cheeses of the Pays d’Auge. And last but not least, take the Cider Route, visiting cellars and sampling Calvados and Pommeau.
Your private driver will deliver you to your beautiful accommodations near the picturesque old fishing port town of Honfleur. Popular amongst artists for centuries, it is the perfect base for discovering the eastern portion of Normandy. During your stay in Honfleur, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- Full-day Tour of Honfleur, Fecamp, and Etretat. Begin your day in Honfleur, a little 16th-century fishing harbor that was to become a great artistic center in the middle of the 19th century. Walking tour around the dock to enjoy the old half-timbered houses and the medieval streets and Saint Catherine’s Church. afterward, proceed to Etretat famous for its amazing cliffs eroded by the sea for millions of years which inspired many artists such as Monet. You will have time there for a bit of lunch before heading back to your hotel.
- Visit the medieval city of Rouen, the historical capital of Normandy. This picturesque town is full of incredible monuments and stories. It is where Joan of Arc was martyred and Claude Monet spent hours painting the medieval cathedral. You will also visit the local market for a delicious lunch.
PARIS – 1 NIGHT
You will head back to Paris for one night before your flight home (or moving on to another destination). En route, you will have the opportunity to visit Monet’s house and gardens in Giverny, a wonderful world of flowers, greenery, and ponds.
You will be delivered to your luxury hotel in mid-afternoon. Enjoy one last evening in Paris at your leisure.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Northern France tour. How about a few days discovering the castles of the Loire Vally? Or a visit to the eno-gastronomic regions of Champagne and Burgundy? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish.