In our “Luxurious Croatia” tour, you will experience a 17-day adventure of Croatia‘s most alluring destinations, in style! Travel along the Dalmatian Coast to visit the beautiful walled city of Dubrovnik. Secondly, move north via private boat to beautiful Korcula. Then, continue on by private boat to Hvar. Your next destination will be the spectacular ruins of Diocletian’s Palace in Split. Also, explore the lakes and waterfalls in scenic Krka National Park. Your adventure continues by private boat up the coast to Losinj (with a few wonderful tops along the way!). Next, you will enjoy the lovely Istrian peninsula. Lastly, end your trip in the elegant capital of Zagreb. Throughout your travels, enjoy sublime seafood, olive oil, wine, cheese, truffles, and other culinary specialties, as well as other unique places and experiences along the way.
DUBROVNIK – 4 NIGHTS
Welcome to Croatia and to the first destination on your Luxurious Croatia vacation! Upon arrival at Dubrovnik Airport, you will have a private transfer to your elegant accommodations just outside the walls of the old city. We will leave the first evening free to re-charge your batteries before starting your amazing adventure ahead. The next day, enjoy the following excursion:
You will several fantastic options to choose from in terms of accommodations. Our preferred list is quite extensive in Dubrovnik and we will match you with what best fits your travel style and taste. During your 4 days in Dubrovnik, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- A Private Half-day Walking tour of Dubrovnik. The UNESCO-protected Old Town features medieval stone buildings, red-tiled roofs, and narrow passageways. A stroll down Stradun, the main street, reveals the intricate network of cobblestone streets and squares. Admire famous landmarks and monumental edifices that make Dubrovnik an open-air museum. Then, a quaint Franciscan monastery hides Europe’s oldest pharmacy; Rector’s Palace honors the mighty dukes of Dubrovnik and the baroque Church of St Blaise celebrates the town’s patron saint. And if you are a “Game of Thrones” fan, just let us know so we can add in some great tidbits about its filming of King’s Landing! No visit to Dubrovnik would be complete without a walk around the city walls, one of the best-preserved ramparts in the Mediterranean. An uninterrupted flow of walls, almost 2 km in length, with massive forts, towers, and bastions, was built to protect this freedom-loving city. Get a glance of the old town of Dubrovnik from a completely different angle and enjoy spectacular views of the shimmering Adriatic.
- Take a break from the city and explore the lovely region of Konavle and partake in our Croatia Cooking Experience. Enjoy this rural area and breathtaking nature. Try food and drinks that you cannot find in the stores. After you leave Dubrovnik, your first stop will be Cavtat. This is the only town in the Konavle region, which used to be a Greek colony called Epidaurum. A beautiful walking trail will lead you to many palaces and summer residences (be sure to visit the mausoleum of the Racic family!). Afterward, enjoy a panoramic drive through Konavle, which will take you to Konavoski Dvori, the most famous part of Konavle. Ljuta River (which means angry in Croatian) and beautiful trees around it is something worth capturing. After your walk, you will enjoy a traditional, educational, and entertaining cooking lesson, making your own food with a help of the locals is a truly unforgettable experience. They will teach you incredibly delicious local dishes and prove to you why Konavle is so famous for its food and friendly people. Once the class is over, you will enjoy the “fruits of your labor” with an amazing meal created by you!
- A Day in the Peljesac Peninsula for Oysters, Wine, and More. Discover Mali Ston Bay, famous for the original European delicacy of succulent oysters! Your host, a local farmer, will take you for a private oyster farm tour in the bay. Learn how the oysters are grown and taste them fresh from the sea! Enjoy a glass of wine or two as you drift around and watch the local fishermen apply their trade. Then, walk the small coastal town of Ston with your guide. Once an important military fort of the Dubrovnik Republic, it features impressive 5 km-long medieval walls and 4000-years old saltpans. In the village of Ponikve visit a small family-run winery. A charismatic owner, passionate about his wines, makes some of the best organic wines in Croatia in a traditional way. The winery grows only Plavac Mali grapes, the most famous Croatian indigenous variety, related to Zinfandel. Take an exciting tour around the vineyards, followed by a wine tasting of their best local wines. Afterward, continue on to Dubrovnik.
KORCULA – 2 NIGHTS
The next stop on your Luxurious Croatia itinerary is the lush island of Korçula. Here you will find the island’s charming main town also called Korçula with one of the best-preserved medieval centers in the Adriatic. Beyond there are numerous old villages surrounded by forests, vineyards, and olive groves. And of course, endless beaches with crystal clear water.
After checking out of your hotel in Dubrovnik, meet your driver for a short transfer to the port where your private boat awaits. Then, you will hop on-board and enjoy a private full-day cruise to Korçula. En-route enjoy a cruise around gorgeous Elafiti Islands with refreshments and picnic lunch on-board. Eventually, you will arrive in Korcula Town where your private escort will take you to your incredible special accommodations in the village center. You will have the evening to relax and enjoy on your own. Then the next day, we have an amazing day in store for you:
- Truly experience the island on our Korcula Walk & Wine Tour with dinner. The tour will begin in the late afternoon in nearby Lumbarda where you can take a walk through the beautiful countryside and hear about local life on the island. The walk will take you to a couple of local wineries to taste the local delicacies from the region including Grk and Plavac Mali. Then, at the first winery, you will enjoy traditional appetizers and feast on a delicious dinner at the second. To end an already wonderful evening, take a final stroll through the vineyards to the small port. Afterward, take a peaceful boat trip back to Korcula past the archipelago, sipping on sparkling wine as we go. Or alternatively, we will head to the beach bar for a final drink.
SPLIT – 3 NIGHTS
The next stop on your Luxurious Croatia tour will be magnificent Split. Once again, embark on your private motorboat and spend the day cruising your way north. En-route cruise around Pakleni Islands, a breath-taking archipelago with lush vegetation, beautiful bays, and intact nature. Don’t miss out on a delicious local meal ask your skipper for recommendations as there are lovely little restaurants scattered around the islands. Otherwise, you can stop on the charming island of Braç for a stroll through its charming main town, or to the unique and famous beach of Zlatni Rat. Later today, you will continue the cruise to Split.
Upon arrival here, you will have a private transfer take you to your unique accommodations within the walls of Diocletian’s Palace or a seafront hotel. The choice is yours. During your stay in Split, you will enjoy the following special experiences:
- No visit to Split would be complete without an Essential Walk through the Place and Beyond. The tour starts at the south wall of Diocletian’s Palace. Here you can see the full view of its scale and hear how and why the palace was built. You’ll explore the untouched basements, then make your way to the central Peristyle square. Afterward, visit what was originally Diocletian’s mausoleum. It is the second oldest building structure in the world still used as a cathedral. Continue to the north entrance known as the ‘Golden Gate’. Eventually, you leave the palace area and explore the medieval part known as the ‘Old Town’’. Walking the maze of cobbled streets and squares, see the architectural era which features buildings from the Romanesque, Renaissance, Gothic, and Succession period. Lastly, the tour finishes on the seaside promenade known as the Riva.
- Enjoy a Full-day Private Excursion to Krka National Park. In the morning, meet your guide and driver for a private tour of Krka Waterfalls national park. Stretching along the majestic Krka River canyon, the national park covers a vast area of waterfalls and gorges, offering breathtaking views and amazing sites. Begin your exploration with a walk through a small ethnic village, whose workshops, exhibits, and watermills depict the old crafts and traditional way of life. Then, take a pathway into the lush nature and immerse yourself in a real-life fairy-tale. Pristine scenery, a gushing river, and stunning waterfalls make an unforgettable sight of this true Croatian gem. After some time at leisure for lunch in the charming town of Skradin, enjoy a ride back to Split.
LOSINJ – 2 NIGHTS
The next stop on your Luxurious Croatia tour will be Losinj. Your private driver will first take you to Zadar. Here you can see the famous Sea Organ and the Sun Salutation that are not to be missed sound-and-light extravaganzas. Afterward, you will meet your skipper for a private motorboat transfer to Losinj Island (about 4 hours). On the way cruise around the north Dalmatian islands archipelago, take in the dramatic scenery around you. Eventually, you will stop at magical Silba. This quaint island with no cars has kept a relaxed atmosphere and an authentic way of life. Boasting with lush forests and the most beautiful beaches, Silba offers the ultimate island escape. Finally, you will arrive at the beautiful Losinj island, where you will check into the luxury boutique hotel and spend the evening at leisure.
- A Private Tour of Losinj. Called the “island of vitality”, Losinj is a real oasis of fresh air, pristine nature, and harmonious living. The island flourished in the late 19th century when the wealthy Austro-Hungarian elite started building villas and luxurious hotels. Transfer shortly to the colorful Veli Losinj for a walk with your guide. Hued houses, charming cafes, and pretty villas encircle a tiny harbor and create a picture-perfect sight. The most imposing landmark, hovering over the town, is the Parish Church of St. Anthony the Hermit. Dating from 1774, it contains the most valuable sacral collection of Kvarner Island. Then, it’s on to the exceptional Apoxyomenos Museum in Mali Losinj. It is dedicated to one exhibit only, which makes it unique in the world. The priceless Greek statue of Apoxyomenos from the 2nd or 1st century BC is not only a well-preserved archeological find, but also a fascinating work of art. Immerse yourself into this enticing story of the art and the sea before transferring back to your hotel for an afternoon at leisure.
ISTRIA – 3 NIGHTS
Meet your skipper for a private motorboat cruise to Istria. On the way, soak up the beautiful views of the crystal-clear waters of the Adriatic. Often called the “Tuscany of Croatia”, the landscape is spectacular. You will meander through rolling hills, vineyards, and Mediterranean forests to get to your next to last destination on your Luxurious Croatia journey.
Upon disembarking your boat, you will have a private transfer to your accommodations for the next 3 nights. There will be a few choices here from a wonderful wine hotel amidst the vineyards or a seaside resort in one of our favorite villages. During your stay in Istria, you will enjoy the following special experiences:
- A Private Eno-gastronomic Full-day Tour of Istria. Known best as the truffle region, Istria is a fine mélange of picture-perfect landscape and exquisite gastronomy. Your exploration starts in the village of Livade, where you will learn about harvesting truffles in a private truffle hunting demonstration with a hunter and his sniffer dog. Unknown to the world’s stage of luxury gastronomy until recently, the Istrian white truffle is a real delicacy for true connoisseurs. Then, in the nearby Brtonigla village, stop for an olive oil tasting and a light snack of truffle products. In Roman times when the empire spanned an impressive amount of the world, the most sought-after olive oils were the ones from Istria. Then head to the Adriatic coast and the picturesque town of Rovinj. Once a fishermen’s village, it now offers warm Mediterranean settings to its visitors. Wander around the winding cobblestone streets and delightful passages the symbols of the most “photogenic town in Adriatic”. If staying in Rovinj, we will replace this with a winery tour & tasting lunch at one of our favorite producers in Croatia!
- You will also have the option of a private full-day tour of Brijuni islands and Pula, gems of the Istria south coast. Known as “the pieces of heaven”, Brijuni served as the exclusive beach resort for the aristocrats and the personal summer residence of the Yugoslav president Tito. Enjoy a private safari tour by golf cart around its archaeological, natural, and historical sites. Then, after taking the boat back to the mainland, head to the historic town of Pula. On the edge of empires for over 3000 years, this vibrant Roman outpost boasts with rich cultural heritage. The majestic 1st century AD Roman amphitheater is absolutely majestic!
ZAGREB – 2 NIGHTS
Ultimately, you are coming to the last (but certainly not least) destination on your Luxurious Croatia itinerary. But first, make a few fun and delicious stops along the way. Visit the small, medieval village of Motovun. It was originally an acropolis perched nearly 1,000 feet above, overlooking the Mirna River Valley. Walk up its amazing staircase (inspired by the Venetians) and then enjoy lovely cobblestone streets and homes from yesterday. Delight in the amazing views over the peninsula! Finally, enjoy a tasting lunch of locally produced wines, prosciutto, and truffle.
Upon arrival in the country’s capital, your driver will leave you at your gorgeous accommodations in the city center. We will leave the first evening free. The next day, enjoy the following excursion:
- Your private guide will take you on this Personalized Walking tour of Zagreb including the most important cultural, historical architectural sites. Start at Governor Jelačić Square, or simply The Square, the main square in Zagreb. Them, head to the Upper town known as Gradec and Kaptol. These two medieval settlements are where the city of Zagreb grew from. Here you will also the Cathedral, the Dolac open market, and several charming cobblestoned streets lined with shops and cafes. Next, a short ride on a funicular to Ilica Street. There will be time for a cup of coffee/tea is part while learning even more about Zagreb and Croatia. Last but not least, you will have your choice of the museum to visit.
- Additionally, if desired, you can visit the rustic Zagorje region to visit Trakoscan Castle, dine on regional specialties at a local tavern, and sample wine produced in Zagorje.
- On your departure day, you will have a private transfer to the Zagreb Airpot for your flight home or elsewhere.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Luxurious Croatia itinerary. Perhaps a few days on the up and coming and very beautiful Montenegro coast? Alternatively, add Slovenia to the end of your trip? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish!
Remember, this itinerary can be switched to begin in Zagreb and end in Dubrovnik if you prefer.